Sunday, July 26, 2009

A few Old memories

As it was, all they really lost were memories: photographs, old letters, etc etc when we were kids and we were young, pictures of our friends, best friends etc.

Things that mean something.

Yes, its true, you can't buy back lost memories. our old friends, yes they did come and go but they are reason why we are filled in by the things that tell the stories of our lives, the things that make us human.

All of which made me wonder what I would do in a similar situation, particularly as my own memory is lousy. I need external cues to remind me of my past.

My recent photographs have all been digital, and these are backed up regularly and stored off-site for safety. No problem there. I also have copies of all work-related documents, letters, and code and so on, as any sensible business person would.

But there are some things for which we don't have backups for many reasons.

Maybe it's better to keep things as they are. There's such a thing as too much security, and perhaps it's good that these fragile items are all that's there to remind us our younger days and memories for our old friends. Maybe that makes the memories more precious than they would be.

Take a look at the photos below,these are the things that we need backups,a few shots but indeed a happy memory.





some pix are really funny... aren't these?





These are the pix that was stored in my pc. for the newcomers, you may not recognize the old members, (literally, not old huh) hehe, we were also very happy before. As they say, friends come and go.. but they're not just friends, they're family. I know they'd come back... Because we are family; Canticle of Love.









No comments: